|Job Title: Area Manager (AM)||FLSA Status: Exempt|
|Reports To: Director of Operations Services||Prepared Date: February 2021|
Position Description:The Area Manager is a key leader in the success of their market. They oversee all aspects of Evergreens operations as an ambassador for our mission and culture while cultivating a strong community inside and outside our stores. They support, coach, and develop the team to be at their best through active feedback and continuous training, ensuring our guests have an exceptional experience and Evergreens maintains an outstanding reputation. They achieve company goals by removing obstacles, inspiring their team, and working closely with the home office as the local face of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and guides the Store Leadership team, inspiring ownership over their store, team, and business.
- Creates a welcoming, open, and inviting environment that encourages participation and engagement.
- Rallies the team, can get buy-in and alignment and leads with passion.
- Understands, models, and instills company culture.
- Maintains positivity during uncertainty; identifies priorities and shifts style and approach to effectively lead.
- Establishes high standards and accountability; embraces mistakes to learn, adjust, and do better.
- Takes initiative, seeks out opportunities to improve and relentlessly drives for results.
- Bases decisions on analysis, experience, resources, and circumstances; acts decisively under pressure.
- Exemplifies strong planning and organizational skill; manages time effectively in a fast-paced environment and uses resources effectively.
- Oversees market wide operations of Evergreens stores and alternative channels including catering, pick-up locations, vending machines and home delivery.
- Monitors and evaluates facilities and equipment; manages preventative and unexcepted maintenance and repairs.
- Ensures store level compliance with health and safety protocols, production specs and product storage, correct utilization of systems and tools, and updates systems when necessary, clearly communicating the changes.
- Participates in and supports re-openings and new unit openings at every phase.
- Communicates and executes strategies with Store Leadership team; collaborates with Home Office team to establish plans to improve area performance and hit key metrics.
- Communicates budget clearly and effectively to Store Leadership so that expectations are understood, and stores are set up for success.
- Guides Store Leadership to meet productivity benchmarks, build efficient, effective schedules and actively manage their team.
- Solves problems creatively and effectively, encouraging an exchange of ideas to reach the best result.
- Assists in menu development, seasonal menu change roll-out and performs associated analysis and research as needed.
Team and Talent Development
- Embodies our mission, values, and goals; develops a positive, productive, and engaged team that takes personal responsibility for mistakes and shares credit for successes.
- Focuses on building a talent pipeline by foreseeing recruiting needs, actively participating in ongoing in-store training, and identifying team members that have growth potential.
- Collaborates with the training team to create and implement training materials; provides follow up, ensuring that systems are working effectively and delivering desired results.
- Provides timely, honest, thoughtful, and actionable feedback; helps everyone be at their best and build their skill set.
- Partners with HR to address store incidents and concerns, communicate policy updates and ensure that systems and communication expectations are followed consistently.
Hospitality and Guest Experience
- Demonstrates commitment to providing long-lasting connections and legendary experiences for guests, partners, community, and team.
- Able to reach beyond the four walls to create awareness and build loyalty to Evergreens throughout the community.
- Embraces feedback and provides solutions, understanding that guest satisfaction and loyalty are vital to our long-term success.
- Monitors, evaluates, and holds team accountable to our quality and service standards; provides timely recommendations for improvement and recognition, to ensure guests enjoy an exceptional experience.
- 3+ years of customer service required.
- Previous experience as a manager required. 2+ years of management preferred.
- Experience in managing multiple units preferred.
- Experience in opening new locations preferred.
- Experience interpreting profit & loss statements preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software preferred.
Certificates and Licenses
- Appropriate state food handler’s card required.
- ServSafe Manager Certification preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods standing as well as lateral movement on the make line.
- Kneeling to reach low storage and refrigeration.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
- Balancing the needs of multiple stores demand constant multi-tasking in a fluctuating environment.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays depending on stores’ needs.
- Access to reliable transportation to conduct store visits and assist in product transportation