|Job Title: Assistant General Manager (AGM)||FLSA Status: Non- Exempt|
|Reports To: General Manager (GM)||Prepared Date: June 2020|
Position Description: Leads store operations in conjunction with the General Manager and achieves results by optimizing talent and resources. Engages and inspires their team with clear direction and follow-through on the Evergreens mission, vision, and values. Models the ultimate hospitality mindset to ensure the guests are receiving the Evergreens experience with every visit. Participates in Management training with the goal of being able to execute all General Manager responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understands, models, and instills company culture.
- Builds community both within and outside Evergreens.
- Creates a welcoming, open, and inviting environment that encourages participation and engagement.
- Communicates clearly, effectively and in a positive way that inspires staff to be at their best.
- Models building strong relationships across all facets of the business.
- Demonstrates how to lead positively through uncertain, unexpected, and changing priorities.
- Rallies the team, get buy-in and alignment and leads with passion.
- Establishes high standards and accountability, and embraces mistakes to learn, adjust, and do better.
- Bases decisions on analysis, experience, resources and circumstances and acts decisively under pressure.
- Maintains organization in a fast-paced environment and manages time effectively.
- Directs and contributes to food preparation and storage to ensure compliance with food safety standards.
- Conducts daily inspections of restaurant and equipment to ensure compliance with food safety standards.
- Receives and reviews incoming orders for accuracy and product quality.
- Handles knives and operates food production equipment safely.
- Prepares food orders for guests according to Evergreens’ recipes and standards.
- Ensures that all meal and rest breaks are provided and reported.
- Assists with organizing and overseeing staff schedules.
- Enforces proper cash handling procedures: balances cash on hand with End of Day report and reviews manager log and cash deposits from prior day.
- Makes informed decisions and can realign processes in response to changing business needs and corresponding metrics.
Hospitality and Guest Experience
- Communicates and delivers a friendly, welcoming, exceptional guest experience that differentiates our brand.
- Demonstrates commitment to providing long-lasting connections and legendary interactions with guests, partners, community, and team.
- Embraces feedback and provides solutions, understanding that guest satisfaction and loyalty are vital to our long-term success.
- Addresses guest concerns and guides them to a positive resolution.
- Provides menu information to customers, including explanations of ingredients and preparation methods.
Team and Talent Development
- Assists GM with interviewing and hiring, assesses team efficiencies and areas for opportunity.
- Works with General Manager to develop a positive, productive, and engaged team that takes personal responsibility for mistakes and shares credit for successes.
- Embodies our mission, values, and goals, inspiring and bringing others with them through continuous communication and follow-up.
- Enhances the skills sets of others through training, coaching and development.
- Knows each team members goals and provides opportunities for future growth and development
- Holds themselves and others accountable to our product, quality, and value standards.
- 2+ years of customer service required.
- Experience with cash handling and reconciling daily deposit required.
- Previous progressive experience as a shift lead, key employee, or manager.
- Appropriate state food handler’s card required
Certificates and Licenses
- Appropriate state food handler’s card required.
- ServSafe Manager Certification preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods standing as well as lateral movement on the make line.
- Kneeling to reach low storage and refrigeration.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
- Fast-paced lunch and dinner rushes demand constant multi-tasking in a fluctuating environment.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays depending on store needs