The Chief Operating Officer (COO) is responsible for multi-unit restaurant operations and. The COO will drive scalable and profitable growth through motivating teams across multiple geographic markets and through continuous improvement efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the CEO, this role will collaborate with them in setting and driving organizational vision and strategy
- Oversee company operations with the goal of improving team engagement, growth and store profitability
- Translate strategy into actionable steps for growth through organization-wide goal setting, performance management, and annual planning
- Ensure compliance with national and local regulations
- Oversee operations, inclusive of all stores and commissaries
- Support expansion into new domestic markets
- Deliver on store portfolio financial goals
- Analyze operations and identify areas for process improvement
- Implement business strategies and plans that align with the short- and long-term objectives
- Manage capital investments and expenses in partnership with the CEO
- Develops appropriate programs for effective management of the operations resources of the organization. Included in this area would be programs for retention, quality, service, speed, etc.
- Maintains knowledge of multi-location operations best-practices and new trends and ideas within the industry and coordinates the integration of such programs.
- Assumes responsibility for implementation of company guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Serve as the key leader of execution and strategy for field operations.
- Supervise Director of Operations & Culinary Area Manager
- Bridge a strong relationship between management and field operations staff through building and maintaining a hospitality driven culture.
- Establishes credibility throughout the organization to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues.
- Creates development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Provides technical advice and knowledge to others within the operations area.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ten or more years of experience in company-owned restaurant leadership roles.
- Strong leadership development skills
- Ability to engage with and motivate team members across all levels of the company
- Understanding of restaurant industry risks and mitigation strategies
- Solid grasp of data analysis and performance metrics
- Ability to diagnose problems quickly and foresee potential issues
- Must have the ability to travel up to 25% of the year.
- Fast Casual restaurant experience
- Operating in high-growth environments
- Strong financial acumen and understanding of a retail P&L
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid state driver’s license, and excellent driving record required.
The work is typically performed in an office environment, with a moderate noise level. Occasional travel to other company locations may be required. Other travel, including extensive overnight, may occasionally be required.
Occasional travel to other areas of the facility may be required, where the noise level is moderate to loud and environmental conditions may include slippery surfaces, crowded areas, or working near moving parts (Local travel is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods standing as well as lateral movement on the make line.
- Kneeling to reach low storage and refrigeration.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
- Fast-paced lunch and dinner rushes demand constant multi-tasking in a fluctuating environment
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays depending on store needs.
- Ability to perform repetitive movements over long periods.