|Job Title: Production Cook||Department: WA- Commissary|
|Reports To: Commissary General Manager||FLSA Status: Non-Exempt|
|Prepared Date: 5.2.2022|
Summary: This position prepares food and beverages, greets guests, takes food and drink orders, operates the POS terminal, and other duties as necessary to ensure our guests have great experiences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares food according to Evergreens recipes and standards including paring fruits and vegetables, producing large batch salad dressing, pickling vegetables, and assembling salads and wrap fillings.
- Sets up and breaks down the workstations according to Evergreens’ standards.
- Restocks and rotates stations according to Evergreens’ standards.
- Prepares food orders for guests using Evergreens’ recipes and standards.
- Provides menu information to customers, including explanations of ingredients and preparation methods.
- Safely handles knives and operates food production equipment.
- Accepts payments by operating point of sale systems, taking payments, and making change.
- Clears, cleans, and sanitizes tables.
- Cleans, sanitizes, and maintains cleanliness of work areas, surfaces, utensils, equipment, and dishes.
- Adheres to all food handling and safety regulations throughout the kitchen and restaurant.
- Follows all safety and sanitation guidelines and regulations to ensure quality food service.
- Prevents the spoilage of ingredients through proper storage in designated containers and designated areas.
- Reports safety issues or operational problems to management.
- Reports equipment malfunctions to management.
- May participate in inventory.
- Identifies production needs and notifies Production Lead in advance of expected shortages.
- Manages time effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
None required. Previous food preparation experience preferred.
- Basic understanding of or the ability to learn basic sanitation and regulations for workplace safety.
- Basic understanding of or the ability to learn food handling techniques, preparation, and cooking procedures.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain personal hygiene.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Possession of, or eligible to obtain a State Food Worker Card within two weeks of employment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work is typically performed outside in a kitchen setting. The noise level is moderate to loud. Working conditions include exposure to hot and cold surfaces, liquids, and food items. Environmental conditions may include exposure to sharp objects, slippery surfaces, crowded areas, or working near moving or heated parts (e.g. restaurant equipment).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of standing and working in a kitchen.
- Frequent kneeling, bending, and stooping are required.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays depending on store needs.
- Ability to perform repetitive movements over long periods.
- Manual dexterity to cut and chop foods and perform other related tasks.