|Job Title: General Manager (GM)||FLSA Status: Exempt|
|Reports To: Area Manager (AM)||Prepared Date: May 2020|
Position Description: Leads store operations and achieves results by optimizing talent and resources. Engages and inspires their team with clear direction and follow-through on the Evergreens mission, vision, and values. Models the ultimate hospitality mindset to ensure the guests are receiving the Evergreens experience with every visit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understands, models, and instills company culture.
- Builds community both within and outside Evergreens.
- Creates a welcoming, open, and inviting environment that encourages participation and engagement.
- Communicates clearly, effectively and in a positive way that inspires staff to be at their best.
- Models building strong relationships across all facets of the business.
- Demonstrates how to lead positively through uncertain, unexpected, and changing priorities.
- Rallies the team, get buy-in and alignment and leads with passion.
- Establishes high standards and accountability, and embraces mistakes to learn, adjust, and do better.
- Bases decisions on analysis, experience, resources and circumstances and acts decisively under pressure.
- Maintains organization in a fast-paced environment and manages time effectively.
- Directs and contributes to food preparation and storage to ensure compliance with food safety standards.
- Conducts daily inspections of restaurant and equipment to ensure compliance with food safety standards.
- Receives and reviews incoming orders for accuracy and product quality.
- Handles knives and operates food production equipment safely.
- Prepares food orders for guests according to Evergreens’ recipes and standards.
- Ensures that all meal and rest breaks are provided and reported.
- Organize and oversee staff schedules.
- Enforces proper cash handling procedures. Balances cash on hand with End of Day report and reviews manager log and cash deposits from prior day.
- Makes informed decisions and can realign processes in response to changing business needs and corresponding metrics.
Hospitality and Guest Experience
- Communicates and delivers a friendly, welcoming, exceptional guest experience that differentiates our brand.
- Demonstrates commitment to providing long-lasting connections and legendary interactions with guests, partners, community, and team.
- Embraces feedback and provides solutions, understanding that guest satisfaction and loyalty are vital to our long-term success.
- Addresses guest concerns and guide them to a positive resolution.
- Provides menu information to customers, including explanations of ingredients and preparation methods.
Team and Talent Development
- Assesses recruiting needs with succession management in mind, looking at team efficiencies and areas for opportunity.
- Develops a positive, productive, and engaged team that takes personal responsibility for mistakes and shares credit for successes.
- Embodies our mission, values, and goals, inspiring and bringing others with them through continuous communication and follow-up.
- Enhances the skills sets of others through training, coaching and development.
- Knows each team members goals and provides opportunities for future growth and development
- Holds themselves and others accountable to our product, quality, and value standards.
- 3+ years of customer service required.
- Previous experience as a manager required. 2+ years of management preferred.
- Experience in managing teams of 10 or more employees preferred.
- Experience interpreting profit & loss statements preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software preferred.
- Experience with cash handling and reconciling daily deposit required.
Certificates and Licenses
- Appropriate state food handler’s card required.
- ServSafe Manager Certification preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods standing as well as lateral movement on the make line.
- Kneeling to reach low storage and refrigeration.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
- Fast-paced lunch and dinner rushes demand constant multi-tasking in a fluctuating environment.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays depending on store needs.