|Job Title: People/HR Manager||FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Full Time (45 hours/week)|
|Reports To: Hilary Hartford, Director of Operations Services||Prepared Date: August 2021|
Position Description: The People/HR Manager is responsible for all matters involving administration of human resource policies and processes throughout Evergreens. The People/HR Manager should have full scope of generalist activity including employee relations, performance management, policy administration, recruitment, and development in a collaborative, team-based environment to help the company achieve their operational goals. This role will lead innovation including change management, talent recruitment, employee engagement, benefits and compensation, and employee relations. As a trusted advisor, this leader must maintain the highest standards of ethics, confidentiality, and professionalism; command respect; and constantly engage with the organization to improve communication, promote diversity and inclusion, and build great people and teams to serve the needs of our community, both internally and externally.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Builds trust through accountability, dependability, organization, and follow-through.
- Communication style is professional, confident, informative, inclusive, and adaptive.
- Critical thinking, resourceful, and solutions orientated.
- Driver of company culture.
- Excellent verbal and written communication that demonstrates ability to research, assimilate and analyze information, compose documents, and present data in a clear and concise manner to appropriate personnel.
- Capacity to both lead and participate in cross-functional teams to define issues and agree on processes, strategies, and outcomes.
- Establishes high standards and accountability from leading by example and utilizes teachable moments.
- Expert time management skills and adaptability to changing priorities.
- Must act decisively under pressure, and utilize good decision making on behalf of the company, guests, and team members.
- Able to articulate goals, build excitement and motivate other to do their best.
- Ability to move people beyond their comfort zone and inspire them to take strategic risks.
- Elicits other people’s realization of their maximum potential.
- Instills a sense of ownership and investment in the larger vision.
- Emotionally intelligent and able to reflect on feelings, motives and needs.
- Coordinates recruitment efforts, recruiting materials, create job postings and descriptions and support hiring managers in strategy, selections, and pre-hire process, ensuring excellent experience for each candidate (whether selected or not).
- Manages onboarding process and ensures support to both managers and employees as part of new hire process, conducts stay interviews, executes the termination process and conducts exit interviews.
- Project current and future staffing needs while assisting in the development of short- and long-range strategic plans for effective recruitment, development, retention, and staff utilization.
- Responsible for routine HR metrics and report generation from the headcount, attrition, turn over trends, assessments on processes, etc.
- Acts as a liaison to Asure Consulting (outsourced HR partner) and coordinates their investigations of grievances, EEO complaints, employee concerns; evaluates investigative reports and passes along their recommendations to Store Leadership and Area Management teams.
- Provide internal consulting expertise to employee discipline and policy interpretation regarding all actions affecting pay, demotions, disciplinary transfers, warnings, and other related actions for team members.
- Collaborates with insurance broker to coordinate open enrollment periods, oversees benefits administration, and ensures timely/accurate execution of the company benefits program. Serves as the site subject matter expert on company benefits program.
- Bachelor’s degree or similar work experience required.
- 4+ years of experience in progressively responsible human resource roles preferred.
- PCR/HRCI certification preferred.
- Experience creating and encouraging a culture of engagement, collaboration, and teamwork.
- Willing and able to develop policies and deliver results.
- Knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems and benefits programs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.